Tuesday 20 September 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!

Wow! It's been a looooong time since I last wrote but I haven't forgotten about it - just been busy.  Thought it would be appropriate to write today as it's my birthday!  21 again!  Okay, 25.  Alright alright. I'm 29.  And I'm fine. Honestly I am.  I haven't spent the morning with a magnifying mirror in one hand and the number for a Botox clinic in the other. Nor did I die a bit on the inside when I was called "Señora" instead of "Señorita" on my recent holiday.  I am completely embracing my older self and am eagerly awaiting maturity and wisdom. I'm sure they'll be along soon.  With my bus pass.

In the interests of proving that I'm not forgetful in my old age, I wish to do two things today: No.1 to say a huge THANK YOU to all of you who voted for me in the Cosmo Blog Awards 2011 - unfortunately I didn't get shortlisted this year, but there's always next year and in between now and then I will be making my blog even bigger and better, as it really was amazing that you all took the time to vote.  I plan on having a few different sections in here - some reviews (as people have started to send me free stuff - AWESOME!) as well as some photos and musings on places I've visited and some notes on what's on in the news.  Feedback and ideas welcome as ever.  No.2 on my list is to say thank you to those of you who entered the Amazon competition!  The winner will be announced and will receive their voucher this week - apologies for the delay....my limp of an excuse is that I was on holiday!  There's a runner's up prize too actually (and yes, I did get sent it for free, but who's complaining?!)

So, this is the end of my birthday blog post, though I should be on later doing some updates to the site.  If anyone needs me I'll be in the corner with two great friends of mine who, inspirationally, just get better with age....Monsieur Vin and Madame Fromage.


1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday to you Jo! :)

    @paulgboyd

    ReplyDelete